- Killington Ski Resort: (32 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Okemo Mountain Resort: (26 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Suicide Six Ski Area: A small family ski mountain owned and operated by the Woodstock Inn (15 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Ascutney Ski Mountain: A small community owned ski area. It only has a rope tow and only has natural snow. It also has great fat tire bike trails and mountain biking trails in the summer. (6 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Ski lessons at Quechee Club Ski School: Lessons for children and adults (13 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
Nordic Skiing/ Snowshoeing
- Hartland Winter Trail System: Hartland has it's own groomed winter trail system that is free for people to use. Although it is free, donations are welcome. There are 25 kilometers of trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- The Quechee Club Ski Trails: The Quechee Club grooms trails on it's golf course in the winter. The trails are free for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- The Woodstock Inn Nordic Adventure Center: The Nordic Adventure Center is located behind the Woodstock Inn. They have miles of easy going trails for both cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. $25/day for a pass.
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park: The park has beautiful ungroomed trails where people can cross-country ski and snowshoe.
- Dartmouth Cross Country Ski Trails: Great place to go cross country skiing or snowshoeing. $8-$14 for a day pass or $20 for a day pass and rentals.
Sledding & Tubing
- Ascutney Ski Mountain: The skier bridge below the Rope Tow flats, towards the Resort is suitable for all to enjoy sledding and tubing and is groomed on a regular basis (6 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Killington Ski Resort: The tube park offers a multi-lane, lift-serviced good time for all ages (32 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Braeburn Siberians: Located in the neighboring town of Windsor, Braeburn Siberians offers exciting dogsledding adventures from December to March. They offer both 30 minute and 2 hour excursions. Asked why they offer dog sledding adventures; "To us, there are few things more exhilarating and therapeutic than riding behind a team of our canine partners...We love the thrill of the ride, but even more, we are humbled and inspired by the mutual partnership and friendship we have with the dogs."
Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides
- Fitch Family Farm: Combining good stories, close friends to keep warm, and a cup of hot chocolate at the end, our sleigh rides are a memorable way to spend a sunny winter afternoon (13 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Vermont Association of Snow Travelers (VAST): Check out the VAST website for a lot more information about snowmobiling trails in Vermont. You can connect to the VAST trail system right down the road from our farm.