- Killington Ski Resort (32 miles from Fat Sheep Farm)
- Okemo Mountain Resort (26 miles from Fat Sheep Farm)
- Suicide Six Ski Area: A small family ski mountain owned and operated by the Woodstock Inn (15 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
- Ascutney Ski Mountain: A small community owned ski area. It only has a rope tow and only has natural snow. It also has great fat tire bike trails and mountain biking trails in the summer. (6 miles from Fat Sheep Farm).
Nordic Skiing/ Snowshoeing
- Hartland Winter Trail System: Hartland has it's own groomed winter trail system that is free for people to use. There are 25 kilometers of trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- The Quechee Club Ski Trails: The Quechee Club grooms trails on it's golf course in the winter. The trails are free for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- The Woodstock Inn Nordic Adventure Center: The Nordic Adventure Center is located behind the Woodstock Inn. They have miles of easy going trails for both cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. $25/day for a pass.
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park: The park has beautiful ungroomed trails where people can cross-country ski and snowshoe.
- Dartmouth Cross Country Ski Trails: Great place to go cross country skiing or snowshoeing. $8-$14 for a day pass or $20 for a day pass and rentals.
- Vermont Association of Snow Travelers (VAST): Check out the VAST website for a lot more information about snowmobiling trails in Vermont. You can connect to the VAST trail system right down the road from our farm.
- Braeburn Siberians: Located in the neighboring town of Windsor, Braeburn Siberians offers exciting dogsledding adventures from December to March. They offer both 30 minute and 2 hour excursions. Asked why they offer dog sledding adventures; "To us, there are few things more exhilarating and therapeutic than riding behind a team of our canine partners...We love the thrill of the ride, but even more, we are humbled and inspired by the mutual partnership and friendship we have with the dogs."